Pregnancy is beautiful is so many ways. Our beautiful bellies stretch to capacity to make way for the miraculous life growing within it. But with that precious growth can also come precious battle wounds of motherhood…stretch marks.
There are a ton of lotions, creams, and “butters” on the market to help mommas-to-be treat and prevent stretch marks….often with a hefty price tag, each boasting its unique ability to create more elasticity for that delicate skin.
If you’re like me, you want a very safe and chemical free cream that you’re slathering on your baby belly every night, and luckily for you, I’ve researched a ton of the best natural options on the market! I want to share an easy, DIY recipe that contains many of the beneficial ingredients that most of these products share. It’s easy to make, easier on your bank, and will last you a lot longer than some of the other things you can buy.
You will need:
- 2 ounces organic raw cold pressed unrefined coconut oil
- 1 ounce organic raw cocoa butter
- 1 ounce organic raw unrefined shea butter
- 1 tbls jojoba oil
- 1 tbls carrot seed oil
- 1 tbls almond oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 3-6 tbls water
- 20 drops of essential oils of choice (I only recommend Young Living for safe use in pregnancy and I personally use lavender, frankincense, helichrysum, cedarwood, myrrh, and cypress)
- On low heat, melt together the coconut oil, cocoa butter, and shea butter until mixed and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool. Once cool, mix in jojoba oil, carrot seed oil, almond oil, vitamin E oil, and water and mix/whip until thoroughly combined. Lastly, mix in essential oils and store in jar of choice (I like an amber pump bottle for easy dispensing but mason jars also work well). Keep in a cool dark place away from sunlight and store for up to 6 months.
Rub it everywhere! Your face, arms, breasts, tummy, legs….it’s good for it all, enjoy!